Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Up Early

Currently 7:01am, listening to Kim Burrell

We over come by the blood of the lamb and the words of our testimony. A couple weeks ago I was reminded about my story. Not necessarily a specific story, the story we as humans live everyday. July 16, 2011 my pastor, Pastor Michael McBride of The Way Christian Center reminded his bright congregation "No Storm, No Story." He boldly made clear we all must go through a storm to produce a story. However when we go through our storm (Whatever it maybe) we should challenge ourselves to allow God to be God. Because God is present and working in our life because that is what it mean to be God. Just because we as humans decide to attend church doesn't mean we don't go through difficulties.

We often look at our current state/condition/circumstance/situation using those issues to define our lives. Sometimes keeping us from moving forward. "I may not have much in my bank account, but I have much in my soul account." God is writing the end to our story. And we must remember salvation is not a singular act. It is conversion everyday. (Ex: The Apostle Paul died to his flesh daily). We settle for things that aren't from God. We must constantly remind ourselves not to allow unqualified haters/folk to detour you from getting to God. Must continue to push through our storm to come through humble. Therefore we can use our story to bring others to the Kingdom!

I challenge you all to allow God to be God in your life.

References:

John 9

Visit!
The Way Christian Center
1305 University Ave
Berkeley Ca, 94702
http://www.thewaychristiancenter.org

**Side Note: I am without my toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, and towels. Can someone just say I smell good! Unfortunately I left my belongings at a friend house not thinking I would need these necessitates.

No comments:

Post a Comment