Thursday, August 11, 2011

fast: no meats no sweets

Peace!
I have decided to fast. What is a fast? Well a fast is primarily the act of willingly abstaining from some or all food, drink, or both, for a period of time (Wikipedia). One may also decide to fast from electronics, media, anything which may be a hindrance in he/she life. I have also decided to fast from Facebook. That is another story. I have decided to utilize my time elsewhere. So I created this blog not only to track my life, but to keep beautiful humans as yourself updated with the latest. I am simply living, learning. Learning to love, while growing. Always staying positive.
Now you are probably like Ericka why have you decide to fast randomly? Whelp to answer that question. I decided to fast because I am deeply in search of something outside and far beyond what man can offer me. Not only is this a spiritual fast to connect more with my Father (God) but I am also fasting on a physical health black wellness tip. I have been reading so many articles about the state of the Black community health. And felt I should make it a habit to live healthy. Check this! This is really sad! A major issue within the Black community is Diabetes. Yes! Did you know the "National Health Interview Surveys (NHIS) conducted between 1963 and 1990 show that African Americans have a rising prevalence of diabetes. (Prevalence is the percentage of cases in a population.) Most African Americans with diabetes have Type 2, or noninsulin-dependent diabetes. Type 2 diabetes usually develops after age 40. However, in high-risk populations, susceptible people may develop it at a younger age. A small number of African Americans have Type I or insulin-dependent diabetes, which usually develops before age 20 (State of Black People)." Now can you say wow? I know it is crazy. Imagine the rates now.
So that is one main reason why I have decided to fast. "NO MEATS NO SWEETS." Until whenever. My fast can go on for days, weeks, months. Honestly I don't know how long. I do know I am becoming consciously aware of what I consume and when I consume it. I highly encourage you all to think about your health. Eat healthy, exercise, and be happy. I am not telling you to give up meat, sweets, and certain beverages. Moderation is the word. As long as you do everything in moderation. All will be well. Keep me before our one and only Father (God). As I begin my fast. All Love!
**Side Note: This is what I had for lunch yesterday.
Ethiopian Dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment