Thursday, August 11, 2011

The Black people I meet. The black people I befriend and the Black people who constantly inspires me as a Black woman is amazing. A friend I met last summer who I have grown to love has inspired me as an individual to utilize my Black growth in society. Empowering and encouraging me to be all I can be as a means to show forth my appreciation of Black womanhood, black worth, and black love today. He has also offered me tremendous support. I have come to realize great friends are often hard to come by. I am surely blessed to have come by him. I honor our Black friendship. I adore, cherish, and dare not trade it in for anything. He is his own Nation surrounded by the sea of life. I’m glad to be a great sea surrounding him. He is truly a flower in my life. A flower I have an obligation to keep watered and in the sun.
I am literally sitting in the living room thinking about all the Black people I have befriended and how each of them has played a role in my life. How some has come and go. Or how some has simply taken me through the motions.  But isn’t it mind boggling when you are left thinking about one friend who you admire? It is extremely mind boggling to me. Especially if that friend can see far beyond what others often see when they meet you. Maturity, strength, knowledge, and wisdom are what this friend possesses. Black thoughts are always deposited to me through his Black cultural fuse of the Black experience. This has enabled me as a Black woman to voice my thoughts often emphasizing the richness of Black culture/community.
Have you ever randomly texted a man in your phone asking him “What do he find most attractive about you?” I am pretty sure we all as Black women have before! I have. Before I even continue on with my point. Often when we ask a man this type of question their response is normally something sexual reflecting your physical forage. And we as the vulnerable women we can be is turned on and taken back by their intense sexual lustful description of us! Wow! Oh wow! Yes we are and we find joy out of it. Any how this particular time I decided to ask my friend who is his own nation this popular question. Thinking I was going to get an outlandish response. It took him about five minutes to respond. The five minutes was worth the wait to. When I read his response I thought I fell in love. I just fell in love with how consciously aware he truly was to those he has allowed to enter into his life. So you are probably wondering what he find most attractive of me. Well! What he find most attractive about me is “That u are looking outside what is given to define yourself and the world u live in. And growing in your own consciousness.” (I saved the text and I jotted it down as he sent it to me) Now that’s a friend. A black friend who is able to appreciate the little things in his friend’s life. This is why I love Black people because we as a people will forever encourage, inspire, each other to be all we can be. Even with the negative influences there are Black people who are fighting to bring about change in the Black community. I say can this friend who is his own nation is fighting to bring about a change in the Black/African diaspora community.
It all Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment